[gst-devel] Multiple Caps for udpsrc

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Sun Jan 2 13:17:59 CET 2011

On Sat, 2011-01-01 at 02:48 +0530, Umakant Goyal wrote:

> Can we set more than one caps for udpsrc?
> like "application/x-rtp, media=audio, clock-rate=8000, media=video,
> clock-rate=90000"
> if yes, then please share how it can be done.

You can do this when setting caps on a capsfilter element
("foo/bar,x=5;mon/key,y=5"), but in this case, receiving rtp packets,
setting the output caps of a source element, you don't want to restrict
the caps allowed, but set them. And when you set caps, they need to be
simple fixed caps. Incoming RTP packets are either audio or video or
something else, but not both audio and video, so I don't quite see how
what you ask makes sense. Maybe you need to provide more context..

Cheers
 -Tim