[gst-devel] Extracting properties from element causes hang

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Mon Jan 3 17:48:08 CET 2011

Rohit,

I tried your suggestion and found that it has exactly the same problem and a
couple of others.  The value I'm after is in gstrtpbin:

 latency             : Default amount of ms to buffer in the jitterbuffers
                        flags: readable, writable
                        Unsigned Integer. Range: 0 - 4294967295 Default: 200
Current: 200

I tried skipping over "latency" and hung on "do-lost":

  do-lost             : Send an event downstream when a packet is lost
                        flags: readable, writable
                        Boolean. Default: false Current: false

Which, at least, confirms its not related to the datatype of the queried
value.

Other suggestions happily accepted!

Wes

p.s. the "other" problems using g_object_get() are that it returns different
datatypes for the values than does g_object_get_property().  For example,
the "name" property is returned as a gchararray not as the expected
G_TYPE_STRING.