[gst-devel] GstXML API

Jim Hodapp james.hodapp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 18:25:46 CET 2011

I am curious if anyone can give a good explanation as to why the GstXML API in GStreamer was deprecated. If I wanted to write a general dynamic pipeline generator, what would be the recommended way to capture the different type of pipelines in a data file? Should I create my own XML definition and libxml2 instead of using GstXML? I'm looking for best practice suggestions here that will be maintainable going forward with new GStreamer releases.

Thanks,

Jim