[gst-devel] how do write a gst mixer in c

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Tue Jan 4 19:52:28 CET 2011

HI,

First, please note that your posting did not make it to the real gst-devel
forum.  You need to be a member of the forum itself to post to it.  Nabble
is a separate (wonderful) interface to gstreamer forums.

And second,  are you using gst-launch or are you writing in c/c++ or python
or java?  What operating system?  Gstreamer on Windows is not quite as
complete a solution as it is on Linux.

Now, Is there some reason you can't use one of the existing mixers?

ossmixer
oss4mixer
alsamixer
pulsemixer
videomixer

of maybe just use the volume element to control volume?

To get information out of a pipeline you can use "fakesink -v " which will
tell you a LOT about your pipeline and its data.  Also search this forum for
a post by me (wes miller) asking about a programmatic replacement for
fakesink (answer uses a callback to deep-notify).

Also see this forum for questions I've posted about getting the values of
element properties.