[gst-devel] Pipeline paused, inside elements don't?

José Luis Segura Lucas josel.segura at gmx.es
Wed Jan 5 20:58:30 CET 2011

Good afternoon!

Some time ago I wrote a source and a sink elements using the Python
bindings of Gstreamer.

A few days ago, I come back to this code and, after a few tests, I see
something estrange: when I set the pipeline state to "paused", my sink
element continue on "playing" state.

I wrote the sink element as a subclass of the "gst.BaseSink" Python
class. The only thing that is supposed to do using that class is
overwrite the "do_render" method.

Do I need to do something more to set the element state to paused?

Thanks in advance and best regards