[gst-devel] Camera used by GStreamer

golden_hz yfangjin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 14:58:11 CET 2011

Dear all:
    I am developing a test camera for meeGo device, I have research the
GStreamer API and V4L2 API, it seems the we should use the GStreamer API,
because the V4L2 API, we should controle the video encoder.
    I have some questions:
1, Can we use the QT frameowork and GStreamer API for camera, because the
camera viewfinder should sue the surface, QT can provide the surface to
GStreamer? I wonder.
2, Some GStreamer sampe also use the camerabin, What is the different with
CameraBin and GStreamer?
And what is the different between CameraBin and CameraBin2?
3, If you have some demo for this, please share it with me.