[gst-devel] decoding H.264 using an hardware codec

Ivan Zoli ivan.z at tiscali.it
Tue Jan 11 17:31:54 CET 2011

> I would like to write a plug-in which decodes an H264 video stream using the
> hardware codec Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 500 of my Intel processor.

You have to write a plugin that at least properly setup the hardware,
load the H264
data on the HW decoder and extract the decoded stream from the HW.

Then the plugin has to be insert in a pipeline.

For example

gst-launch filesrc location=myfile.avi ! avidemux !
my_hw_decoder_plugin ! videosink

To write your plugin you must know how to use the hardware...
If you're lucky you may find someone that is working on the same component.

Ivan