[gst-devel] dynamically remove custom branch from tee and videomixer

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Tue Jan 11 20:54:52 CET 2011

On 12/25/2010 07:35 AM, kaija wrote:

> I try to create a picture in picture channel to the main pipeline.
> I read this post and succeeded to create PIP channel dynamically.
> (http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Dynamically-adding-and-removing-branches-of-a-tee-td973635.html#a973637)
> However, while I attempt to release the PIP channel while the main pipeline
> is still running, the main pipeline stops to refresh video frames.
> I cannot figure out the reason why main pipeline stops.
> Could anyone help me to solve the problem?

http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/SOLVED-Dynamically-Recording-From-a-Live-Stream-amp-EOS-Handling-td3057813.html

Here is what I had to do to remove a branch from a running pipeline. Not
exactly for the same purpose, however my guess is that you are running
into the same issue.

*IF* you don't have both audio and video streams then perhaps you can do
the simpler version detailed here:

http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Handling-EOS-in-a-branched-pipeline-td2965563.html

I'm a newbie to this so can't profess expertise in solving this for you
- good luck