[gst-devel] Live Streaming

sudarshan bisht bisht.sudarshan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 23:00:03 CET 2011

         Why video is not smooth is because you are not forming  rtp packets
of encoded data and that's why some of the packets are getting lost or not
reaching in proper order while transferring data from sender to receiver.
Its would be better if you use rtp packetizer and depacketizer plugins at
respective side.

So pipeline should be  something like this,

Sender:
 gst-launch v4l2src !
video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240,framerate=\(fraction\)30/1 !
ffenc_mpeg2video ! rtpmp2tpay ! udpsink host="10.0.0.217" port=1234 Faruk
Receiver:
gst-launch udpsrc buffer-size=16777216 port=1234 ! rtpmp2tdepay !
ffdec_mpeg2video ! autovideosink

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 9:17 PM, frknml <faruk.namli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone; I'm trying to design real time video streamer.Firstly i tried
> it in my local system with my webcam.The senario is,I'm sending my webcam
> capture via udp at the same time i'm receiving this data from my local
> network.I could succeed to show my webcam capture but I couldn't overcome
> the latency and the video is not smooth.I wrote my command below,please
> advise me how can i handle these problems. Receiver gst-launch udpsrc
> buffer-size=16777216 port=1234 ! ffdemux_mpegts ! ffdec_mpeg2video !
> autovideosink Sender gst-launch v4l2src !
> video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240,framerate=\(fraction\)30/1 !
> ffenc_mpeg2video ! ffmux_mpegts ! udpsink host="10.0.0.217" port=1234 Faruk

Regards,

Sudarshan Bisht