[gst-devel] x264enc not working with tee + video output sink

yiliang yiliangb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 08:12:59 CET 2011

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for the reply.

I have done more tests after the post. After some simplification (remove tee
and queue, etc), here is the pipeline that gives me the problem. It will be
stuck a couple of seconds after start, then it will exit abnormally.

    gst-launch -e v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! x264enc byte-stream=true !
qtmux ! filesink location=a.mov

If I change byte-stream=false, the pipeline will go on, but the movie file
recorded can not be played.

If I change qtmux to ffmux_mp4, the recording can go on no matter I set
byte-stream to true or false. The movie can be played, but the movie file
has lots of artifacts.

Lastly, if I use avimux, the pipeline works fine, and the movie file
recorded can be played smoothly. So after all the test, it seems to be more
a problem related how the qtmux (or ffmux_mp4) interacts with other
elements.

Also it seems to be a different problem from that reported in the original
post, since I can use avimux with x264enc.

I may post a message with a different subject.

Thanks!
Yiliang