[gst-devel] aravis and color

Emmanuel Pacaud emmanuel at gnome.org
Fri Jan 14 20:55:18 CET 2011

of gstreamer-devel.

Le vendredi 14 janvier 2011 à 19:20 +0100, Bert Douglas a écrit :
> I have Aravis working with Baser camera model acA1300-30gc
> But only in 8-bit gray mode.
>
> When using Pylon viewer, this camera shows color.
> But when using Aravis library and gstreamer I cannot get color.
> Have tried every format that the camera can produce.
>
> Aravis is sending a genicam message to the camera to set it into
> mono-8 mode.

Yes. The gstreamer plugin has very limited capabilities, and only
support 8bit grayscale for now.

In Aravis 0.1.3, I've implemented a simple video viewer which should be
able to handle more pixel format, including 24bits rgb.

Which formats does support your camera ?

Could you try arv-viewer ?

The gstreamer plugin needs work in order to make it more useful.

Emmanuel.