[gst-devel] Duration of Pipeline

Umakant Goyal umakantgoyal1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 20:34:15 CET 2011

Hi Thiago,

I tried to run pipeline for specified period of time as suggested by you.
But it did not work for me. I want to run pipeline for 15 seconds for that i
have done

 bool flag = gst_element_seek (pipeline, 1.0, GST_FORMAT_TIME,
(GstSeekFlags)(GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH | GST_SEEK_FLAG_ACCURATE),
GST_SEEK_TYPE_NONE, 0, GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET, 15*GST_SECOND);

i have also tried following line of code

 bool falg = gst_element_seek (vBin, 1.0, GST_FORMAT_TIME,
(GstSeekFlags)(GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH|GST_SEEK_FLAG_ACCURATE),
GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET, 0 * 15*GST_SECOND,  GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET,  15*GST_SECOND);

i have run above line of code in once in READY state and once in PAUSED
state. I have also tried GST_MSECOND instead of GST_SECOND. But nothing
works for me.

Please help by telling where i am doing wrong while calling above line of
code.

Thanks