[gst-devel] get_*_static_pad () on GstBin throws a seg fault

Rohit Atri rohitratri at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 05:42:21 CET 2011

Hi,

I've a pipeline like this -
gstpipeline(filesrc->decodeBin2->gstbin(ffmpegcolorspace->capsfilter->appsink)).

The gstBin shown above has a ghost pad (mirroring sink pad of the
converter). When I try to link the src pad of decodeBin2 (in the
new-decoded-pad callback) with the sink ghostpad of the gstbin - the call
gst_element_get_static_pad on the bin leads to a segmentation fault. Any
idea why?

Here's the code I'm using -
*
Ghost pad creation -
ConvSinkPad = gst_element_get_static_pad(converter, "sink");
gst_element_add_pad(GST_ELEMENT(app_data->convBin),
gst_ghost_pad_new("sink", ConvSinkPad));
gst_object_unref(ConvSinkPad);

Linking -
on_decodeBin_newpad(..., GstPad* pad)
{
        convBinSinkPad = gst_element_get_static_pad(app_data->convBin,
"sink");
        gst_pad_link(pad, convBinSinkPad);
        gst_object_unref(convBinSinkPad);
}*

PS - I tried debugging  but I don't get any logs even with level 5.

Thanks
Rohit