[gst-devel] [OT] RTSP: SET_PARAMETER. Which type of parameters are/can define other than text/parameters?

Mauro Brenna malloblenne at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 09:50:20 CET 2011

Hello,

I am implementing a rtspu server/client (rtsp based on UDP) and I will
use gstreamer to receive the data in RTP.
I would like to set/get some application specific parameters on my
server. Can I use or extend the type of parameters acceptable?
I mean, I would like to use something like float/parameter,
byte/parameter ushort/parameter ... instead of text/parameter. I
prefer send binary data if it is possible, even if it is directly
mapped in a readable character.

Is there any documents where I can find some standardized type of
parameter other than text/parameter for RTSP?

I am asking this question to your mailing list because gstreamer users
helped me to solve another problem about rtsp.

Thanks,

Mauro