[gst-devel] Elements in rtspsrc pipeline

Stewart Hardwick hardwick.stewart at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 19 11:43:26 CET 2011

Hi Folks

I'm seeing a level of packet loss sufficient to cause macroblocking when I
play a stream from an RTSP server.
If I turn on debug for the jitterbuffer, I see warnings about packet loss
coincident with the macroblocking. I have
experimented with a minimal pipeline consisting of rtspsrc ! fakesink and I
still see packet loss.

I'm trying to figure out what elements are created by rtspsrc and how they
are connected, in order to track down
in which element the packets may be being lost.

I took a look at the README in the gstrtspsrc folder and that talks about
creating an rtpdec element, however I think that
may be a bit out of date.

Can anyone help me with a block diagram of which elements make up an rtspsrc
and how they are connected, assuming the
simplest case?

Thanks
Stewart