[gst-devel] flac files that will playback, but will not stream

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 20:57:03 CET 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 17:28 -0800, stuart68 wrote:

Hi,

> I have flac files that will playback using playbin2 uri=file:///   ,  but
> when I try to stream these files using  playbin2 uri=http://  I get the
> following error:
>
> ERROR: from element
> /GstPlayBin2:playbin20/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstSoupHTTPSrc:source:
> Internal data flow error.
> Additional debug info:
> gstbasesrc.c(2507): gst_base_src_loop ():
> /GstPlayBin2:playbin20/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstSoupHTTPSrc:source:
> streaming task paused, reason error (-5)
> ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
> Setting pipeline to NULL ...

Some element returned GST_FLOW_ERROR but didn't post a proper error
message on the bus, not very nice.

> This is using Ubuntu 10.04, with lighttpd as the web server.
>
> On the same machine I have a load of other flac files that all stream
> perfectly.
>
> Thanks for any help that can be provided

Could you file a bug please, and make that file available for
download/testing?

Does it error out immediately, or only after a while?

Have you tried the GStreamer PPA for ubuntu (which has more recent
versions of GStreamer)?

Could you attach a GST_DEBUG=*:5 log to the bug report (gzipped)?

Thanks!

Cheers
 -Tim