[gst-devel] kenburns plugin update - now a general video transform plugin

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 21:09:20 CET 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 6:16 PM, Lane Brooks <lane at brooks.nu> wrote:

..snip..

> Given that the feature set has grown beyond Ken Burns effects, I want to
> rename this element to something else. I was thinking 'videotransform'
> but am open to other suggestions.

What about videoeffects? It probably explains better what's the target
use of the component. An alternative could be to split the component
in several functional elements sharing big portions of code (more or
less like qtdemux is doing) and name them something like "rotation",
"transition", etc.

Regards