[gst-devel] problem with pa_stream_make_writeable_size() failed connection terminated

pl bossart bossart.nospam at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 18:21:16 CET 2011

>   So I read from an IP camera via rtspsrc. It sends video in MP4 format
> and Audio in AAC. We're running a beta with our client and recently
> after installing it on location I've run into issues with one location.
> After 5-9 seconds I get
>
> pa_stream_make_writeable_size() failed connection terminated

This is an issue in the connection with PulseAudio. Since it's PCM at
that point, I don't think it's an issue with the bitrate of the AAC
payload.
Can you try and capture the pulseaudio log (pulseaudio -vvvv 2>
log.txt). Don't send the log, which can be pretty long, just a link on
something like pastebin.
-Pierre