[gst-devel] Let's move mailing lists to freedesktop.org!

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Jan 27 13:40:08 CET 2011

Hi,

I think we should move our mailing lists to freedesktop.org, for two
reasons:

1. it's the only bit of GStreamer infrastructure still on SourceForge
(we host code and website on fdo, bugzilla on gnome.org and mailing
lists on SF), and our "project identity" is freedesktop.org-based. It's
just less confusing.

2. we've had reliability problems with the SF mailing lists, some of
which we don't expect to be able to get sorted out in the near future,
if ever (ie. the SourceForge mail servers regularly reject commit mails
coming from the fdo mail server because they receive infected mail from
that host they believe to contain virus attachements).