[gst-devel] Let's move mailing lists to freedesktop.org!

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Jan 27 15:19:30 CET 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 06:53 -0700, Lane Brooks wrote:

> A lot of projects have an -users list for user related
> questions/discussion and a -devel list for development discussion.

True, but most of those projects probably actually use that -devel list
then. We don't really use the mailing list for development discussions
at all, and I don't see that changing (no follow-ups arguing that we
should please, it's just how it is).

Also, since we're a library, almost all of our users are actually
developers, so it's not all that clear cut, and many people will just
post wherever they think they'll get some attention. But mostly I don't
see the point because I expect a -devel list to have no meaningful
traffic (other than misdirected -users posts).

At the moment I'm leaning towards just renaming -devel to -discuss.

> Can you move the archives as well?

Of course.

Cheers
 -Tim