[gst-devel] Reconnecting to a rtsp stream after EOS

Andreas Lubensky lubensky at cognitec.com
Thu Jan 27 15:28:08 CET 2011

Hello,

I am using an uridecobin to decode all kinds of videos, including rtsp
streams.
Usually I want videos to loop seamlessly, so I seek the video with
GST_SEEK_FLAG_SEGMANT to get a GST_MESSAGE_SEGMENT_DONE
and seek back to the beginning.
I use vlc to broadcast the rtsp stream and there looping basically means that
the stream is closed and restarted again. That gives me a
GST_MESSAGE_EOS. Unfortunately just seeking to the beginning or setting
the pipeline state to GST_STATE_NULL and GST_STATE_PLAYING to
reconnect the stream has no effect.
I guess I can tear down and build up the whole pipeline again, but is there a
cleaner way?

best regards,
Andreas Lubensky