[gst-devel] v4l2loopback and gstreamer

giorgino giorgio9 at libero.it
Fri Jan 28 15:16:57 CET 2011

Hi All I need your support in order to solve an issue. I had a usb camera
that has to be used at the same time by two different application. This it
is obviously a problem because when I launch the second application, system
says me that the resource is busy. I thought that the solution can be to
install v4l2loopback and execute it. In this way I have two devices that are
/dev/video0 and /dev/video1. So I launched

gst-launch v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! autovideosink

and after

gst-launch v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! autovideosink

The first pipe works well but the second one goes on error with the
following message

Impostazione della pipeline a PAUSED ...
libv4l2: error getting pixformat: Argomento non valido
ERRORE: la pipeline non vuole mettersi in pausa.
ERRORE: dall'elemento /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0: Could not
negotiate format
Informazioni di debug aggiuntive:
gstbasesrc.c(2755): gst_base_src_start ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0:
Check your filtered caps, if any
Impostazione della pipeline a NULL ...
Esecuzione di free sulla pipeline...

How I can solve this issue?