[gst-devel] Use of mp3parse in a commercial product

Cedric Hombourger chombourger at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 16:02:48 CET 2011

Hello,

We have created a GStreamer MP3 decoder plugin from a licensed proprietary library. It currently does not support seeking. We have found that the mp3parse plugin from gst-plugins-ugly could easily fix our problem. So is there any particular reason why this plugin is in -ugly? Do you foresee any issues with its use in a commercial product given that we will fulfill our obligations for MP3 patents? I will then have the same question for aacparse - same answer?

Many thanks
-Cedric