[gst-devel] v4l2loopback and gstreamer

giorgino giorgio9 at libero.it
Mon Jan 31 14:18:23 CET 2011

Hi and thanks for the answer.
using the following pipe
gst-launch -v v4l2src  ! v4l2sink device=/dev/video1

and in another terminal

gst-launch v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! autovideosink

it works although the quality is poor. But if I try to launch the second
pipe as an application in another language (python, java) I don't see the
video because I think the v4l2loopback driver had some limitations.
I tried other ways without solve the isse. I repeat my issue is that to be
able to use only a webcam and capture it from two different applications. Do
you have any ideas? (I tried with udpsink, filesink, symbolic link, fifo
without any success)

G.