gstrtpbin without RTCP

E-J van der Linden EJvanderLinden at hetnet.nl
Mon Jul 4 10:11:00 PDT 2011

> On 07/03/2011 01:43 PM, E-J van der Linden wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to use gstrtpbin with RTCP disabled?
>
> Yes, just don't request the RTCP sink and source pads and RTCP will be
> disabled.
>
> Wim
>> So using the capability of gstrtpbin to receive multiple RTP sessions from one udpsrc but not having extra UDP ports for RTCP traffic.
>> If not, is there another plugin that enables me to dynamically receive multiple RTP streams?
>>
>> E-J

Ok, I understand. Please let me explain my problem. I have made an application which has basically
	one pipeline sending audio to RTP with alsasrc ! rtpL16pay ! udpsink  and
	one pipeline from RTP to audio with udpsrc ! gstrtpbin ! alsasink.
I run this application on two machines exchanging audio.

After 20 seconds I get a time-out callback from gstrtpbin and then a gstreamer warning "unknown SSRC".
That gave me the impression that gstrtpbin was expecting RTCP. However I do not request RTCP pads.
I get the RTP pads from gstrtpbin by the on-pad-added callback at the moment it receives RTP stream.
Then I link these new pads to the alsasink.

Any idea were this timeout comes from?

E-J