How to change framerate dynamically

fb8fb8 at gmail.com fb8fb8 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 11:46:31 PDT 2011

where I can find the seek event?
Thanks!

Tom

From: Stefan Kost <ensonic at hora-obscura.de>
To: Discussion of the development of and with GStreamer <gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org>
Time: 2011-07-04  20:37:58
Carbon Copy: <>
Subject: Re: How to change framerate dynamically

On 07/04/11 13:12, fb8fb8 at gmail.com wrote:
Hi,

I can use gstreamer to stream a mpg video from one Linux PC to another.
The framerate of the video can be changed by this command:

gst-launch filesrc "location= 1.MPG" ! decodebin ! videorate ! video/x-raw-yuv, width=640,height=480,framerate=15/1 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! jpegenc ! multipartmux ! tcpserversink host=192.168.2.1 port=5000
In this command, framerate is set to be 15. The video is streamed at framerate 15 from beginning to end.
But I want to change framerate dynamically, which means during the streaming I can change framerate anytime. After changing framerate, the video will continue but stream at the new framerate.

You can change the playback rate using the 'rate' fields on the seek event.

Stefan

How can I change framerate in this way?
Thanks!