Howto determine size?

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Jul 5 15:44:40 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 15:26 -0700, Stefan Kost wrote:

> I'd say use decodebin2 directly or also plug mp3parse before mad. Wonder
> where the bug come from though, filesrc should report the file-size in
> bytes correctly. You could check who answered the duration query.

Just on a side note, it's not really clear that a query for the duration
in BYTES on the source pad of an audio decoder should actually yield the
size of the compressed data. It should really yield the size of the
uncompressed audio data, so sample_size_in_bytes * channels *
samples_per_second * seconds.

Cheers
 -Tim