Stream to a port in Windows

William Metcalf wmetcalf at niftytv.com
Wed Jul 13 08:13:53 PDT 2011

I am writing an application that needs to send a video stream out at a
specific port.  It seems that the best option for completing this task
is udpsink.  I am trying to do simple client/server pipelines right now
for testing.

My server pipeline is - gst-launch videotestsrc ! udpsink port=1234

What would my client pipeline need to look like to receive the stream?

Also, after doing some research on this forum it seems that udpsink does
not really work very well on Windows.  Are there any other better
options than udpsink to stream to a port with gstreamer in Windows.

My application has to be able to accomplish this task to work, so any
help is greatly appreciated!

William