Could not build gst-plugins-bad from master branch

Eugen Funk mojontp at gmx.de
Fri Jul 15 07:57:05 PDT 2011

Hello to everyone,

I have trouble to compile the gst-plugins-bad module. I receive the
following error message:

I receive the following error message in the (required) feature
videoparsers:

make[3]: Entering directory
`/home/myuser/cpp/gst-source-trunks/gst-plugins-bad/gst/mpeg4videoparse'
  CC     libgstmpeg4videoparse_la-mpeg4videoparse.lo
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
mpeg4videoparse.c: In function ‘gst_mpeg4vparse_update_src_caps’:
mpeg4videoparse.c:489:5: error: implicit declaration of function
‘gst_base_parse_set_latency’

What I did:

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad && cd
gst-plugins-bad
./autogen.sh
./configure
make

Also
./configure --disable-mpeg4videoparse --disable-mpegvideoparse
did not solve the problem.
I receiven then

gstmpegvideoparse.c: In function ‘gst_mpegv_parse_update_src_caps’:
gstmpegvideoparse.c:575:5: error: implicit declaration of function
‘gst_base_parse_set_latency’

Did anyone already had a similar issue?
Maybe I need to link some modules plugins-bad depend on?

Thanks a lot in advance!