Dynamic text again

jaro jaromrax at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 11:56:54 PDT 2011

Hi, I was looking for howto enhance a video stream with a dynamic text, I
have seen some discussions, but still I see no solution.
My problem:  I want to put GPS information on top of a webcam stream.
I played a little with a named pipe subtitles.fifo and a modified example
gst-launch -v filesrc location=subtitles.fifo ! subparse ! txt.
videotestsrc ! timeoverlay ! textoverlay name=txt shaded-background=yes !
xvimagesink
but without a big success.

Maybe there is some chance with appsrc, but I can see no examples to start
with. You see, my abilities are not high, I use gstreamer very simply from a
commandline.
thans
jarom