AAC not played - Error from decoder (ffdec_aac)

Ashwini Sharma ak.ashwini at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 03:52:24 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I have a demuxed audio stream (AAC encoded). When I try to play, i get an
error "FFMpeg can not decode AAC data"

The details are as follows:

I have a video file which contain mpeg4 video and AAC audio. I Demux the
file into Audio and video files. When i play the demuxed audio it fails.

But when i reapeat the same test for AC3 or MP3 audios, it works fine.

I think there is some mistake on my part when playing the AAC file. Someone
please provide your inputs in getting it to play.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Ashwini