Gst Rtsp Server - serving feeds on client request

Krishnan krishnan.saravanak at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:16:56 PDT 2011

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for the reply. It looks like I have to create different factories
for each stream. I tried like this,

        factory = gst_rtsp_media_factory_new ();
	factory1 = gst_rtsp_media_factory_new ();

	capture_input = 2; // to select second camera
	ret = initCapture(capture_input);
	gst_rtsp_media_factory_set_launch (factory, "( "
       "v4l2src ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=720,height=480 ! "
       "queue ! TIVidenc1 codecName=h264enc engineName=codecServer
byteStream=FALSE ! "
       "queue ! rtph264pay pt=96 name=pay0 " ")");

	gst_rtsp_media_factory_set_launch (factory1, "( "
       "videotestsrc ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=720,height=480 ! "
       "queue ! TIVidenc1 codecName=h264enc engineName=codecServer
byteStream=FALSE ! "
       "queue ! rtph264pay pt=96 name=pay0 " ")");

	gst_rtsp_media_mapping_add_factory (mapping, "/test", factory);
	gst_rtsp_media_mapping_add_factory (mapping, "/test1", factory1);

	gst_rtsp_media_factory_set_shared( factory, 1 );
	gst_rtsp_media_factory_set_shared( factory1, 1 );

I could see both the videotestscr and v4l2src by accessing their respective
URL's.

My requirement is to stream different cameras having the same factory
(v4l2src=/dev/video0 - cameras are selected based on the i2c commands and
they all have the same /dev/video0 port) with different urls.

For eg) if first url is selected, i should initialize the first camera
(capture_input = 1 -> to select the first camera) and then pass the factory
(containing v4l2src) to the mapping.

Similarly, if second url is selected, i should initialize the second camera
(capture_input = 2 -> to select the second camera) and then pass the factory
(containing v4l2src) to the mapping.

As you can see, I cannot pass the "capture_input" argument to the factory.
So, I should find a way to initialize my camera first based on the url
requested. Can you suggested me a way of how I can do this?

Thanks,
Krishnan.