Rtsp over http with a Panasonic camera

Tomer Margalit tomer.margalit at videocells.com
Sun Jul 24 11:34:22 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm working on a system that needs to stream a video from Panasonic cameras
(BL-C101A's). It streams rtsp over http, and I'm trying to play it with
gst-launch by using:
"gst-launch -v rtspsrc location=rtsp://<ip>/nphMpeg4/nil-320x240 debug=true
protocols=10 ! rtpmp4vdepay ! ffdec_mpeg4 ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace !
autovideosink"

When I do this, it plays 10 seconds on average (somtimes 1 second, sometimes
30), and then it crashes saying
"WARNING: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0: Could not
read from resource.

Additional debug info:

gstrtspsrc.c(3433): gst_rtspsrc_loop_udp ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0:

The server closed the connection.

ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0: Could not
read from resource.

Additional debug info:

gstrtspsrc.c(3540): gst_rtspsrc_loop_udp ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0:
Could not receive message. (Network error: Resolver Error 0 (no error))".

I don't believe it's the server (camera) that closes the connection since
there is an old home-grown plugin here that works with an old version of
gstreamer that can play it well (which is also a component we are trying to
remove from the system).

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
   Tomer