playing live mpegts stream over udp

TalleyHo jbtalley98 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 08:43:10 PDT 2011

Could you elaborate on the timing algorithm issues?  My manager has provided
me w/ the hospital sized boxes of aspirin and I've been asked to make this
work.

I'm in a similar situation in that I cannot control the source stream
format.  I'm also up against a proprietary h/w decoder that has its own
issues.  Definitely between a rock and a hard place here.

I'm stuck using gstreamer 10.28, and the bad-10.18 plugin as well, so I've
got quite a mountain to climb.

I've looked at back-porting the new mpegtsdemux from the .22 release and it
seems feasible if it has improved functionality.

Thoughts, suggestions and prayers appreciated.