how to use TCP to stream video captured by my webcam?

Sudarshan Bisht bisht.sudarshan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 23:47:10 PDT 2011

Try this;

server;
gst-launch v4l2src ! videorate ! 'video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=(fraction)30/1'
 ! ffmpegcolorspace  ! jpegenc ! multipartmux ! tcpserversink host=127.0.0.1
port=5100

Client;
gst-launch tcpclientsrc  port=5100  !  multipartdemux   ! jpegdec  !
autovideosink

Change host address accordingly as I tried this on signle PC but in two
terminals. I changed framerate too to get better quality.

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 6:56 AM, Tom <fb8fb8 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have been trying to stream the video captured from a Linux server to a
> Linux client.
>
> On my server, i run:
> gst-launch v4l2src !  videorate ! capsfilter name=vfps
> caps=\"video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=2/1\" !  multipartmux ! tcpserversink
> host=192.168.2.1 port=5100
>
> On my client, I run:
> gst-launch tcpclientsrc host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx(Server IP) port=5100 !
> multipartdemux ! jpegdec ! autovideosink
>
> But it doesn't work. What did i do wrong? Has somebody a solution for me?
> I am new to gstreamer.
> Thank you!
>
> Tom

Regards,