Processing xvimagesink video output

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Thu Jul 28 01:15:34 PDT 2011

On 07/28/11 10:07, hrbaty wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have a question. Is there a easy way to determine a position of an image
> in the video output of i.e xvimagesink?
>
> Lets say that I have detected an edge of a shape and I would like to
> determine its position (in pixels).
Well, if *you* have detected it, your should know where?
> I know that a complex problem, but I appreciate any tips on where to start.

Honestly, your question makes not a lot of sense. Do you want to run
some feature detection in the video streaming and output the positions
of the found features. That's possible. Look at
gst-plugins-bad/ext/opencv/ which has such elements.

Stefan