Audio and Video Streaming

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 09:56:29 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 5:10 PM, Hello <durgas1987 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am streaming audio and video. I have identified the pipeline for the same
> and tested it using gst-launch. I am able to stream the audio and able to
> hear the audio on the receiver side but with choppiness.
> I am using rtpL16pay element to stream the audio. After analysis it is found
> that , the packets are not been sent at a constant interval.

It's hard to say without more details. What do you mean for "not been
sent at constant interval"? A few msecs of jitter are more than normal
in common networks, especially considering buffer-bloating. If more,
you may have issues with the bandwidth / packets size. Try reducing
the sample rate and number of channels as well as the MTU.

Regards