No subject

Thu Jun 9 01:13:26 PDT 2011

EINTR. The next one was related to PulseAudio mutexes. The last one
was was thrown from libc itself. (unfortunately I had stripped
binaries installed so I cannot debug that case).

I guess that those segfaults are related to threading. Even if I don't
spawn any threads in my app, seems that underliying libraries
(including GStreamer) do that. When I list /proc/PID/tasks, I find 8
PIDs.

In know that it's not too good practice, but I store current state of
the app in global variables. When GLib's timeout callback is called I
check that state, and change "volume" element's properties.

Is it possible that timeout callback is called from different thread
than "volume" element operates and that causes those hangs?  Should I
perform somehow locking to avoid those issues?

Thank you in advance,

--
Marcin