How to extract tags from a stream without playing it?

Phong Cao phngcv at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 11:05:57 PDT 2011

Hello everybody,

I am trying to write a music manager application and would like to get the
stream tags (artist, album, etc...) and display it to the users. However, I
don't know how to do this. I have read the GStreamer Manual but the section
about tags reading is not presented carefully in there. Therefore, I just
want to know which GStreamer functions I need to use to read the tags from
the media files without opening them.

Thank you for reading my message! I hope you guys have a good weekend!

Best regards,

Phong Cao