How to check GStreamer log when the application is not launched from a terminal?

Lin, Mengdong mengdong.lin at intel.com
Fri Jun 17 02:58:08 PDT 2011

Can I direct GStreamer log message to a local file no matter an application is launched from terminal or not? Can GStreamer be configured to set a log file?

I want to check the GStreamer log message when running some GUI application. But I cannot launch the application from the terminal for some error. I can only launch it by clicking the icon now.

I still want to check the GStreamer log when the application is running.

Thanks & Best Regards
Amanda