DeckLinkSrc Element for windows

William Metcalf wmetcalf at niftytv.com
Fri Jun 17 12:08:28 PDT 2011

Hello all,

I am working on a application that needs to read from DeckLink capture
cards.  I recently found out that there is a decklink source element
that works with Linux, but not with Windows.  I have downloaded the
files for it in an attempt to convert it to work for windows, but I feel
like I might be getting in a little over my head.  Has anyone out there
converted this element to work for windows already, or does anyone know
what all I need to change to get the DeckLinkSrc to work with Windows?
I think mostly all that needs to change is how COM is used and how it
loads libraries, but I am not very experienced and working with either.
This element would be extremely helpful in windows, however, and would
save me a ton of work trying to read in raw video myself and push it
through a pipeline with appsrc.

Thank everyone in advance,
William