Errors using RTSP server

Wesley J. Miller WMiller at sdr.com
Wed Jun 22 07:09:37 PDT 2011

All,

On a brand new Ubuntu 11.4 install I built a new 0-10.35 gstreaner and plugins, did make installs and finally gave all this stuff a try.  It still insisted I was using 0-10.32.  Lots of trying later, I uninstalled )using synoptic installer) everything gstreamer.

Next, I built another new gstreamer from source:  gstreamer, base, good, bad and ugly plugins.  Added packages so I could build in alsa, mad, lame, etc. and also turned on --enable-orc and --prefix=/usr.

gst-launch gets correct --version and simple pipeline run ok.

I then downloaded gst-rtsp.0.10.8, did configure, make and make install (--enable-orc removed as it's not supported, sam prefix=/bin).  It tells me configure complete and that I should proceed to make and make install.

However, when I try to run examples/test-video I get "Failed to link to server", the rror message that the test-xxx programs generate to say the gst_rtsp_server_attach(server,NULL) failed.  Server is non-zero so I don't think there is a problem with the server g_object.

I went back and found this in the output of configure:

<b>configure: Using GStreamer Base Plugins in /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10
checking for GST_CHECK... yes
checking for check named check_pic  - version >= 0.9.2... no
*** Could not run check test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for
*** the exact error that occured.</b>

config.log is posted here: http://pastebin.com/NeWRARxE

BTW, same behavior with rtsp-0,10.7,

Can someone help?

Wes

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and delete this copy from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.