Transmuxing a h264 stream (ip camera) to flv

Eugen Funk mojontp at gmx.de
Wed Jun 22 11:52:33 PDT 2011

Dear forum,
I would like to  transmux a h264 stream from an ip camera into a flv file.

For me, the flvmux plugin works only after I use "h264enc" encoder with
synthetic source:

gst-launch-0.10 videotestsrc pattern=0 ! video/x-raw-yuv, framerate=20/1,
width=350, height=250 ! \
x264enc bitrate=600 ! mux2. \
flvmux name=mux2 streamable=true ! filesink location=flashout.flv

When I use it with the real h264 stream,
gst-launch-0.10 souphttpsrc is-live=true location=http://192.168.2.21/image1
! video/x-h264 ! flvmux ! filesink location=original.flv

the file contains only one frame.

I also thought about using the encodebin plugin, but do not know how to form
a gst-launch pipe. :(

I would really appreciate if somebody could give me a hint on these issues.

Thanks a alot!