Gstreamer and VDPAU usage for GP-GPU acceleration

jeremy lauraire jeremy.lauraire at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 00:42:00 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am actually writing an app that uses libavcodec to take fully advantage of
my
NVidia graphic card (GeForce ENGTX470) *to decode and render MPEG2 / H264
videos... *

I know that Gstreamer already does it thanks to VDPAU usage and I would like
to understand :
- how it works,
- and is it possible to embed part of the code in my app...

I've already had a look at the code but I don't see what part directly
concerns vdpau usage for decoding and rendering.

Any help would be apprectiated!