GST_MESSAGE_EOS with V4L2

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Sun Jun 26 11:53:54 PDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-06-26 at 15:42 +0200, Andreas Volz wrote:

Hi Andreas,

> while inspecting another example I found out that after commenting out
> this line it works without EOS message:
>
> g_object_set(G_OBJECT(videosrc), "num-buffers", 400, NULL);
>
> Is setting buffers for a V4L2 source in general "wrong" or is this a
> bug?

There's nothing wrong with setting the "num-buffers" property, if that's
what you want. Of course in this case it is expected that it EOSes after
400 frames.

The 'spontaneous EOS' you describe in your previous messages sounds like
a bug in v4l2src. Maybe a GST_DEBUG=v4l2*:5 log has more info.

Cheers
 -Tim