How to get keyboard events in gstreamer app?

Alex Song aqfsong at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 27 21:28:27 PDT 2011

Thanks Stefan. Unfortunately I don't have UI toolkit. And I'd like to use a
simple console application to quickly test my plugin.

So there doesn't seem to be a way to do this? I googled but didn't find
anything.

Thanks,

Alex

    > On 06/27/11 20:31, Alex Song wrote:
    >> Hi folks,
    >>
    >> I'm writing a console application without GUI and would like use some
    >> keys to control playback, like fast forward etc.
    >>
    >> Is there a way that I can get the keyboard events from glib/gstreamer?

    > You will get the keyboard events from the UI toolkit you use (e.g. gtk
    > or qt).

    > Stefan
    >> Many thanks,
    >>
    >> Alex

The  end of  our foundation  is  knowledge of  causes, and  secret motions  of
things; and the  enlarging of the bounds of human empire,  to the effecting of
all things possible.  - Francis Bacon, New Atlantis