rtpbin udp connect retry rate

Rob Smith smith at trdeo.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 01:57:17 PDT 2011

Hello,

I'm using rtpbin to stream h.264 video over UDP. I need to deal with the
situation where the receiver end hasn't opened up a UDP port to receive
the data stream. Currently, I can see that gstreamer is attempting to
connect approximately every 0.1 secs. The receiver computer is replying
with an ICMP Destination port unreachable message.

Is there a way I can control (using the pipeline), the frequency of
gstreamer attempting to reconnect? We will have situations where we want
the stream to be actively trying to connect, but where no receiver is
present. We would like to reduce the traffic in this situation to a
retry rate of every second or so.

This is my pipeline currently -

gst-launch -v gstrtpbin name=rtpbin \
  v4l2src ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240,framerate=10/1 ! \
  TIVidenc1 engineName=codecServer codecName=h264enc ! \
  rtph264pay ! \
  rtpbin.send_rtp_sink_0 rtpbin.send_rtp_src_0 ! udpsink host=10.1.165.9
port=5000 \
  rtpbin.send_rtcp_src_0 ! udpsink host=10.1.165.9 port=5001 sync=false
async=false \
  udpsrc port=5005 ! rtpbin.recv_rtcp_sink_0

Thanks for any help
Regards
Rob Smith