Setting GnlFileSource "duration" dynamically

Vaisaari vaisaari at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 23:21:35 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to learn GNonLin and I'm facing a following problem. First, I
build a pipeline which consists (at first) of only one video within a
GnlFileSource. Thereafter, I would like to playback my pipeline from the
beginning to the end. I know that I have to set the "duration" property to
correct value in order to do that. Unfortunately, I only know how to use
fixed values for duration.  If the "duration" is smaller than the original
video length the playback will stop too early, if the value is larger I'm
able to play the entire video. However, I would also like to display how
much time is left while playing the video. If I now query the duration of my
pipeline I will get the same arbitrary large number that I set as the
"duration" previously, which is not the actual duration of the video. So the
question is: How do I set the "duration" property dynamically to the
duration of my video? Or how should I handle situation like this?

Thank you for your help!