Issues with valves

Hector Canto hectorcanto at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 07:19:38 PDT 2011

Thanks a lot for the answer. I'll take your advise into account.

To follow up the issue I have to say that I have improved my recording by
changing the valves
the moment the pipeline is on pause, these way I don't stop the
initialization and I don't have to
take measures such as unblocking, flushing or whatever. The only problem I
have left it's that some
data is able to pass the valve before the dropping is on. Further the valves
will work properly.

I've been thinking on using the output-selector element - along with a
fakesink as one of the
selections -, but I couldn't make it work, neither findany suitable example
around the web.

About changing elements dynamically, I agree, it would bring new problems
but I may use it on
future improvements of the pipeline. I was able to get it work following the
instructions on this link
from GST:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/tree/docs/design/part-block.txt

Anyway, I have learnt that many of the problems related to the states can be
solved forcing flushing
events but I need to know where - and if- a blockade has happened, so I will
have to research on how
gstreamer messages works.

Cheers
Hector