dvbbasebin questions

Alberto Milla amilla at vicomtech.org
Wed Mar 16 15:40:39 PDT 2011

I'm afraid that I can't give you a good answer, because my experience
with gstreamer and DVB-T are quite short. Then be careful.

When you say "dvbsrc does all the low-level parsing itself". I
disagree IMHO, the EIT parsing is done in mpegtsparse

- http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/tree/gst/mpegdemux/mpegtsparse.c?id=RELEASE-0.10.21

If you look at "mpegts_parse_handle_psi" function, there classifies
the type of table that has arrived. If Freeview is not DVB-T compliant
I think that is there where you will have to modify the code. In the
case of Freesat I can't give you any answer because I have only worked
with the terrestrial standard.

Continuing with the program recording and the EPG data extraction. In
France for example, they send all the channels' schedule by all the
multiplex, however in Spain the only send the schedule of the channels
that form the multiplex at you are listen to. Reading you question It
looks like the UK system is like the spanish. I think the solution is
in the tuner, if you use a simple tuner you can't get two dvbsrc, but
if you have a dual digital tuner it must be possible.